Monday, June 18, 2012

A week already flew by?

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is doing alright!
So far I haven't done too much except read a lot of manuals and textbooks, and help out grad students here and there with their projects. During the first week I read papers on some previous students' work and had to read textbooks to get familiar with basic hydraulics and acoustics. The grad students taught me how to use the oil rig for testing and gave me a brief overview of how everything functions. In addition to working on my project, I am expected to help out other grad students with their projects. For example, I helped them test their hydraulic suppressors and collect data. I also had to make a fluid power schematic of the oil rig using all of those symbols learned at the boot camp. As far as my project goes, I'm still learning and researching on ways to optimize the device I'm creating and calculating the stresses that the device will undergo.

No comments:

Post a Comment