Sunday, June 17, 2012

Hi everyone!

This first week has flown by! I have done a TON of reading on hydrostatic transmissions and wind turbines, and I am beginning to look at Matlab's Simhydraulics. This is all in preparation for my project which consists of modeling a split power system (between a planetary gear box and a hydrostatic transmission) for a 50 kW wind turbine. I am really excited to start the modeling process although my first interaction with the computers in the mechanical engineering computer cluster does not bode well for me- after logging into a Linux system for the very first time I discovered that not only was I incapable of finding or opening any programs but I didn't even know how to logout. I was completely stuck and ultimately needed a one-on-one tutoring session from the tech department. I definitely owe them some pastries now!    

No comments:

Post a Comment