Thursday, June 14, 2012

Shop Infrastructure.. 

That's what I'm dealing with and ideally, it'd be going much faster than it currently is. I am currently in the process of getting my test bed prepared here at Maha. As my bed is currently being used by another researcher, I kind of have to just like get things prepared for when he is finished. Which is a bit of a scary thought considering how little time I have left. Currently I am awaiting quotes from 2 machinists that are creating the motor mounting brackets I've designed. Those weren't too bad to make other than getting the exact measurements from my pump's original mount drawings... which were in German, and obviously didn't include modifications since then. We have almost all of our equipment for our circuit now, it's just a matter of finding where to mount everything and ordering all the electrical wiring and components for installation. That is actually pretty tricky because understanding the manual of the frequency drive which was written for experienced electrical engineers isn't easy. So I'm a little lost in which electrical cables are necessary.. and those have to be very exact because I'm working with like 125A... enough to do some damage if something isn't correct. But I will eventually get all that figured out, just a matter of talking to the right person.

No comments:

Post a Comment