Sunday, June 3, 2012

Greetings - Men Young

Warmest welcome!

My name is Men Young, representing the city of Miami. I'm 5'11", born in Puerto Rico, of Chinese descent, occasional video gamer (there's just not enough time..), enjoy long walks along the beach...

I am currently a Senior Mechanical Engineering student attending Florida International University. I've always had an engineering spark since late middle school/throughout high school, bridging my fondness for math and physical sciences, although I leaned closely towards Chemistry and Computer Engineering early in my college years. One thing about engineering in my school's program, however, is learning so much about the theories and equations and having limited exposure to actual engineering, which is unfortunate as I'm a much more hands-on and visual learner.

The university in which I will be participating in the Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) program for the CCEFP will be the Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) with Douglas Cook as my advisor, working in the Rapid Prototyping Center, possibly aiding his research in Testbed 6 dealing with thermal components for orthosis patients. This REU provided by the CCEFP is an excellent tool for me to really apply myself, providing me with my first (and very invaluable) research experience that will be beneficial for my eventual progress towards graduate school. Throughout the short (albeit exciting) ten weeks, I expect the experience to connect the powerful utility of research to solve the problems in the expanding field of fluid power.

... *takes deep breath*

I can't wait to hear more from everyone and their progress throughout the longevity of the program!

No comments:

Post a Comment