Friday, June 8, 2012

Greetings from New Hampshire!

Well, I guess it would be more accurate to say "Greetings from Minnesota!" at this point since yesterday I arrived at my REU Site! But first, a bit about me: My name is Ellen and I go to school at Dartmouth College, located about an hour away from any semblance of civilization out in New Hampshire. I was born just outside of Detroit, MI, and spent most of my life moving throughout the Midwest with my Mom, eventually ending up back in Detroit. I decided I wanted to get out of Michigan for college and ended up at Dartmouth, where I'm getting a B.E. in Biomedical Engineering, and an A.B. in Creative Writing with a concentration in fiction. Outside of the classroom (a small, but important part of my life), I enjoy writing (go figure), running, singing, kung fu, and studying Traditional Chinese Medicine with my Kung Fu teacher! I'm also active at my school's Catholic Student Center (#Maryismyhomegirl). This summer, I'm working with Professor William Durfee on the hydraulic foot-ankle orthosis. I'll be focusing on designing simulations for the new hydraulic system, and working on compacting elements of the design using Sim. software.

No comments:

Post a Comment